TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 17, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College women's basketball standout Stella Logbognon has signed a national letter of intent with Colorado State University-Pueblo.
Logbognon, a native of Abidjan, Ivory Coast, transferred to Tallahassee in 2017 after playing her freshman season at South Plains (Texas) College, where she averaged 1.6 points and 2.8 rebounds in 16 games and helped the Texans earn a bid in the NJCAA Tournament.
With Tallahassee in 2017-18, she not only helped the Eagles earn a second straight bid to the national tournament in Lubbock, Texas, but played a key role in the team's run to the national championship. The 6-foot-4 center averaged 3.0 points and 6.4 rebounds in five tournament games.
In the Eagles' second round win over Wabash Valley (Ill.) College, Logbognon just missed a double-double, finishing with nine points and 11 rebounds and hit the go-ahead basket with 20 seconds remaining in the 75-69 win.
For the season, Logbognon played in 30 games and averaged 2.6 points and 3.9 points.
Located in Pueblo, Colo., the NCAA Division II ThunderWolves compete in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 13: Dawn Gipson, Morgan State
- August 13: Alex Mills, USC Aiken
- August 11: Trey Polewski, USC Aiken
- August 6: Mason Miller, Georgia Southern
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth