TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 13, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College women's basketball standout Dawn Gipson has signed a national letter of intent with Morgan State University.
Gipson, a native of Jacksonville, Fla., transferred to Tallahassee in 2017 after spending the two previous years at Louisiana Tech University. She played in seven games as a true freshman in 2015-16 but redshirted during the 2016-17 season.
With Tallahassee, the six-foot forward appeared in 32 games during the Eagles' national championship season and averaged 4.6 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists. In five games at the national tournament, she averaged 6.6 points and 4.6 rebounds, including a 14-point effort in the team's opening round win vs. Western Nebraska Community College.
Morgan State, located in Baltimore, Md., is a Division I program competing in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 13: Alex Mills, USC Aiken
- August 11: Trey Polewski, USC Aiken
- August 6: Mason Miller, Georgia Southern
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth