TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 19, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College softball standout Elisa Cecchetti has signed a national letter of intent with the University of South Carolina Upstate.
Cecchetti, a native of Bollate, Italy, played for head coach Patti Townsend’s Eagles in 2016 and 2017.
With Tallahassee, Cecchetti played in 89 career games, primarily behind the plate, and batted .342 with one home run and 46 RBIs. She was a two-time, first-team all-Panhandle Conference selection and earned second-team FCSAA all-state honors in 2017 after batting .359 with 27 RBIs.
Cecchetti was also a standout academically, graduating from the College in May with a 4.0 GPA.
Last month, she was named NJCAA First-team All-Academic and received the Mickey Englett Panhandle Conference Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award for 2016-17. She was also named first-team all-academic by both the Florida College System Activities Association and Panhandle Conference.
In March, Cecchetti was recognized by Tallahassee Community College as one of its outstanding female students during Women’s History Month.
USC Upstate, an NCAA Division I school located in Spartanburg, S.C., has advanced to the NCAA Tournament for five straight years.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University