TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 1, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College men's cross country standout Travis Parks has signed a national letter of intent with Truett McConnell University.
Parks, a native of Crawfordville, Fla., was a member of the Eagles' inaugural men's cross country team last fall. He now owns a second piece of history, becoming the College's first male runner to move on to a four-year program.
Parks' debut race with the Eagles was the Cougar XC Challenge, and he posted a 19:20.76 in the 5K race, fourth-best among male runners. His first 8K event came at the University of Florida's Mountain Dew Invitational, where he ran a 30:42.0.
His best 5K time of the season came in the Sustainable Tallahassee Trash Dash when he finished 11th overall with a time of 18:30.
Parks also participated in one half marathon event, the Barney's Run for Warriors in Albany, Ga. There, he was the top overall male runner, establishing a school record and personal best time of 1:28:13.1.
Academically, Parks earned All-Academic honors from the Panhandle Conference in 2018.
Truett McConnell, a NAIA school located in Cleveland, Ga., competes in the Appalachian Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth