TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 20, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College men's basketball standout Bamba Jaye has signed a national letter of intent with Shaw University.
Jaye, a native of High Point, N.C., transferred to Tallahassee in 2016 after initially attending Gillette (Wyo.) College. An injury knocked Jaye out of the 2016-17 season, but he finally made his collegiate debut in November 2017 with head coach Mark White's Eagles.
During the 2017-18 season, Jaye played in 16 games for Tallahassee and averaged 1.3 points and 0.6 rebounds.
Academically, Jaye was named NJCAA All-Academic Third-team in 2018 and also garnered all-academic honors from both the FCSAA and Panhandle Conference.
Located in Raleigh, N.C., the NCAA Division II Bears compete in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 19: Derick Garcia, Flagler
- August 19: Christian Dearman, Florida International
- August 17: Stella Logbognon, Colorado State-Pueblo
- August 13: Dawn Gipson, Morgan State
- August 13: Alex Mills, USC Aiken
- August 11: Trey Polewski, USC Aiken
- August 6: Mason Miller, Georgia Southern
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth