TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 25, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College men's basketball standout Trevor Lewis has signed a national letter of intent with Johnson C. Smith University.
Lewis, a native of Richmond, Va., transferred to Tallahassee in 2017 after playing his freshman season at Fayetteville (N.C.) Technical Community College, where he averaged 14.9 points and earned Region X Freshman of the Year honors.
Lewis appeared in 24 games in 2017-18 for head coach Mark White's Eagles and, in 16.1 minutes per game, averaged 6.3 points, 1.8 rebounds and 0.7 assists. He developed into one of the team's most consistent long-distance shooters, knocking down 38.5 percent (40-of-104) of his three-point attempts.
Lewis was also a 71.4 percent shooter from the free throw line.
Located in Charlotte, N.C., the NCAA Division II Golden Bulls compete in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth