TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 19, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Christian Dearman has committed to Florida International University and will join the Panthers' program this fall.
Dearman, a native of Pembroke Pines, Fla., pitched for head coach Mike McLeod's Eagles in 2017 and 2018, tallying a career record of 4-2 with two saves and a 2.18 ERA.
Dearman, a 6-foot-1 right-hander, appeared in just seven games as a freshman, the result of a season-ending injury two weeks into the season. Though all seven appearances came in relief, he went 2-1 and posted two saves.
He returned to the mound in 2018 and was again a key member of the Eagles' pitching staff. In 17 games, he went 2-1 with a 1.87 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 33.2 innings.
Located in Miami, Fla., the NCAA Division I Panthers compete in Conference USA.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 17: Stella Logbognon, Colorado State-Pueblo
- August 13: Dawn Gipson, Morgan State
- August 13: Alex Mills, USC Aiken
- August 11: Trey Polewski, USC Aiken
- August 6: Mason Miller, Georgia Southern
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth