TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 13, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Alex Mills has signed a national letter of intent with the University of South Carolina Aiken.
Mills is from Aiken, S.C., and played his freshman season with the hometown Pacers, batting .368 with six RBIs in just 12 games in 2017. He transferred to Tallahassee following the season and made the most of his opportunity with the Eagles, appearing in 46 games, primarily at first base, and batting .263 with one home runs and 19 RBI.
At USC Aiken, Mills will join former South Aiken High School and Tallahassee teammate Trey Polewski.
Mills' classroom performance earned him All-Academic honors by the Panhandle Conference in 2018.
USC Aiken is a NCAA Division II school competing in the Peach Belt Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 11: Trey Polewski, USC Aiken
- August 6: Mason Miller, Georgia Southern
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth