TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 6, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Mason Miller has signed a letter of intent with the Georgia Southern University Eagles.
Miller, a native of Valdosta, Ga., transferred to Tallahassee after playing his freshman season at Valdosta State University. With head coach Mike McLeod's Eagles, Miller developed into one of the region's top leadoff hitters, finishing with a team-high .393 batting average and 17 stolen bases over 44 games. Defensively, the speedy centerfielder did not commit an error over 96 total chances.
With a .346 average and six stolen bases over 24 league games, Miller was voted First-team All-Panhandle Conference.
He had multiple hits in each of the Eagles' three games at the NJCAA Gulf District/FCSAA State Tournament, finishing with a batting average of .538 (7-for-13) and his lone home run of the season.
Academically, Miller was named All-Academic by both the FCSAA and Panhandle Conference.
Georgia Southern, a Division I school located in Statesboro, Ga., competes in the Sun Belt Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- August 2: Tanner Thomas, Virginia Tech
- August 1: Travis Parks, Truett McConnell
- July 31: Tucker Rayburn, Florida A&M
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth