TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 31, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Tucker Rayburn has signed a national letter of intent with neighboring Florida A&M University.
Rayburn, a native of Minneola, Fla., wrapped up a solid two-year career for the Eagles in 2018 in which he batted .292 with four home runs and 64 RBI over 102 games.
Rayburn played at multiple positions for head coach Mike McLeod's Eagles though he was primarily the team's starting second baseman in 2018. This past season, he hit .302 with two home runs and 34 RBI, and was named Second-team All-Panhandle Conference.
Rayburn closed his Tallahassee career by being named to the FCSAA All-Tournament Team after batting .500 (5-for-10) with three RBI in three games during the Eagles' postseason trip to Lakeland in May.
Academically, Rayburn earned All-Academic honors from the Panhandle Conference in 2018.
Rayburn is expected to join three former Eagle teammates on Florida A&M's 2019 roster – pitcher Chris Clark, outfielder Jordan Curtis and infielder Bret Maxwell.
The NCAA Division I Rattlers compete in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 26: Justin Sorokowski, Virginia Commonwealth
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth