TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 26, 2018) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Justin Sorokowski has signed a national letter of intent with Virginia Commonwealth University.
Sorokowski, who hails from Mechanicsville, Va., transferred to Tallahassee in 2017 following a redshirt freshman season at Florida State University. With the Eagles, Sorokowski thrived under head coach Mike McLeod in 2018.
The 6-foot-2 right-hander emerged as Tallahassee's ace this past season, finishing with a 5-1 record and 2.35 ERA over 14 appearances. He posted an impressive 5:1 strikeout to walk ratio (80 strikeouts, 16 walks) and averaged 11.08 strikeouts per nine innings.
Sorokowski was named First-team All-Panhandle Conference and Second-team FCSAA All-State. He also earned all-academic honors from both the FCSAA and Panhandle Conference.
Located in Richmond, Va., the NCAA Division I Rams compete in the Atlantic-10 Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 25: Trevor Lewis, Johnson C. Smith
- July 24: Javien Williams, Louisiana Monroe
- July 23: Alex Stobert, Miami (Ohio)
- July 20: Brandon Reitz, North Florida
- July 19: Jaycee Thomas, Valdosta State
- July 18: Quentin Jackson, Temple
- July 17: Samantha Malik, Akron
- July 16: Nakiah Black, Toledo
- July 12: Malik Barrington, Albany State
- July 12: Corey Douglas, Virginia Commonwealth