TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 26, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Aaron Haughton has signed a national letter of intent with Jackson State University.
Haughton, a native of St. Petersburg, Fla., enrolled at the University of South Carolina Upstate out of high school and was involved with the Spartans’ program for two years but did not participate. Thus, when he transferred to Tallahassee last summer, he did so as freshman.
Following season-ending injuries to the top two catchers on the Eagles’ depth chart, Haughton was pressed into everyday duty in 2017. In 43 games, he batted .211 with five home runs, which ranked third on the team, and 24 RBIs.
Jackson State, an NCAA Division I school located in Jackson, Miss, competes in the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 25: Alycia Smith, softball, Webber University
- July 24: Nick Blasucci, baseball, University of Florida
- July 21: Jordan Curtis, baseball, Florida A&M University
- July 20: Casey Durham, softball, Alabama State University
- July 19: Elisa Cecchetti, softball, University of South Carolina Upstate
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University