TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 18, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Hunter Shuff has signed a national letter of intent with the University of South Carolina-Aiken.
Shuff, a native of Beaver Springs, Pa., transferred to Tallahassee after playing his freshman season at Mount St. Mary's University.
A right-handed pitcher who stands 5 feet 10 inches tall, Shuff appeared in 14 games at Mount St. Mary's in 2016 and went 1-2.
At Tallahassee, he made 14 appearances in 2017 and posted a record of 2-3. His signature performance came on March 23 when he tossed a complete-game three-hit shutout in the Eagles' 10-0 win over Pensacola State College.
USC-Aiken, an NCAA Division II school, is located in Aiken, S.C., and competes in the Peach Belt Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University